Sisters in Spirit Virtual Vigil, October 4, 2021
Monday, October 4, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-4
NWAC Virtual Sisters in Spirit Vigil
October 4th is a day when we honour the lives of missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse people, support grieving families, and create opportunities for healing. The violence experienced by Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse people in Canada is a genocide. United, we will demand action on an issue that impacts us all!
In light of COVID-19, this year NWAC will hold a live-streaming Virtual Vigil on October 4, at 2pm. The webcast will be streamed from our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NWAC.AFAC
Sisters in Spirit Community Vigils/Events
If you are hosting your own community vigil/event, register your event to receive a Vigil Kit (Balloons, flags and pins).
To register your event please send an email to email@example.com with the name of your organization/community/group and your mailing address.
Other ways you can show your support:
- Light a candle in your home window this evening.
- Change your social media avatar to a commemorative graphic.
- Facebook frame – Go to your profile on the Facebook app and tap “Edit” on your profile picture. Then tap “Add Frame”. Search for “Sisters in Spirit”.
- Use this Sisters in Spirit Vigil image for your Twitter and Instagram profile pics
- Download and print out these heart images and write a message of strength, hope, and memorial to honour and celebrate Indigenous women, girls, and Two Spirit people on it.
After filling out a heart you can create a display of all the messages on a wall or window. Share your heart on social media with the hashtag #SISVigils. Tag us on Twitter at @NWAC_CA and Facebook at Native Women’s Association of Canada.
- Share your photos or videos of your SIS Vigil with us on social media using the hashtags #SISVigils and #MMIWG. Tag us on Twitter at @NWAC_CA and Facebook at Native Women’s Association of Canada. We want to share the impact and support of the SIS Vigil movement.
Community Event Registration
Send the name of your organization/community/group and your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org